Let’s chat about one of my favourite things ever – shoes.
A few months ago, I did a post called ‘The 10 Shoes You Need To Have In Your Wardrobe‘ that is still popular today. Shoes can play a great way in either completing your wardrobe and giving your a little bit of a morale boost during the day. Unfortunately during the winter months, all those pretty multi-coloured ballet flats and sandals that we love so much get put away. Just because you can’t rock your favourite wedges doesn’t mean that shoe style has to go out the window! I’ve got some picks for Winter Shoes that you need to have in your wardrobe without sacrificing style (and comfort)!
- NINE WEST CANADA AQUA – $155.00 CAN: I said ass, my apologies. But the only thing you can really do in pretty booties like this is kick-ass. With a 4.5 inch heel and 1 inch platform, these boots are easy to walk in but perhaps not ideal for sledging through the snow. Wear these babies while there’s still a light dusting of snow on the ground and you’ve got yourself one beautiful statement shoe. Available in black leather.
THE FUR BOOT
- TIMBERLAND WATERPROOF FOLD-DOWN BOOT – $140.00 CAN: Perfection for the winter months in Toronto, TIMBERLAND is the go-t0 brand for durability, longevity, and warmth. Completely waterproof, made of genuine leather, and available in a bevy of colours, this boots work perfectly with your everyday jeans. That adorable fleece-lining? You know these puppies are warm!
THE OVER-THE-KNEE BOOT
- ALDO HAGUITE BOOTS – $240.00 CAN: Available in both brown and black, the over-the-knee boot just screams chic. When done like this (a riding boot), it’s less provocative than an over-the-knee stiletto boot. Pair with leggings and an oversized sweater for a casual statement.
THE ALL-WEATHER BOOT
- TARGET TALL BOOT – $31.99 CAN: Who says all your winter shoes have to be in shades of black and brown? These all weather rubber boots come in crazy fun colours and provide great protection from the slush and sleet Toronto is known for. How chic would these boots be against the white winter snow? Love!
- UGG JOSETTE BOOTIES – $255.00 CAN: UGGS get a bad rap. Yes, a lot of the designs are ugly. But they are damn warm. Any woman who currently live in the suburbs and walks their dog every night knows how cold and how deep those snow banks can be. UGGS are the best way to keep your feet toasty warm and dry – I’m happy to say I own a pair and wear them strictly for walking the dog. These boots with the pretty bow are available in a bunch of colours – red, purple, blue, yellow, etc.
- MODCLOTH SPURCE UP YOUR STYLE BOOTS – $34.99 CAN: Um, huge deal! For less than $40.00, you’ve got boots that go with just about anything. Skirts, jeans, skinnies, leggings – these boots were made for versatility and wearability. Trust me when I say that these booties will become your wardrobe staple.